Installing an electric gate is a big home improvement. This kind of investment is actually a great home improvement that everyone should consider for their homes. It definitely is more expensive than an ordinary gate but is it worth the expense and is it that much expensive? If you are having second thoughts about upgrading to an electric gated driveway, here are the pros and cons of having an electronically controlled gate for your driveway:
- Convenience – On a rainy day, you need not go down your car and open the gates. You just have to press the remote button and the gate will open on itself. Even on a sunny day and on occasions where you think you are going to be late for work, having an electric gate will save you those precious minutes for you to be able to reach work on time.
- Added Security – Having an electric gate is added security. You have access to your gate and you alone (and of course the people you give access to your code). You can prevent unwanted guests from entering your premises.
- Adds Value to Your Property – If you think that it is expensive to install a gate, it actually is a bit expensive but this addition to your home also adds value to your property. If you are to sell your property in the future, an electric gate is definitely a plus point for your offer.
- Price – An electric gate will definitely cost more than an ordinary gate for a driveway.
- Electricity requirements – You need to have electricity connected to your gate for it to operate. If there are power outages, then you will have to resort to opening the gate manually.
- Malfunction – if your electric gate is not properly installed you might get irritated by it malfunctioning every now and then. Make sure you get an electric gate installed by a professionally trusted company.
Getting this home improvement is not going to be expensive in a sense that you will be able to use it for your convenience and add value to your property, not to mention added property security. Think about installing one for your home now.